Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Ahhhh Sandgate, how I love thee xx

Just when you thought it was safe to go near the water, The Click-Clack Lounge is dipping it's toes in the crystal clear fabulousness that is the foreshore of Sandgate...well, not technically the foreshore, or even the water for that matter....BUT, we are setting up shop in the main street of Sandgate.


I've been asked by Journalists, Bloggers and Mr Smith in the line at Woolies...."Why Sandgate?"....Those who know yours truly understand that a simple answer doesn't come easily for me. I tend to travel in tangents, jumping from one subject to another.


I believe it's a sign of an eccentric, crazy, unique vintage loving gal who has spent years travelling from house to house restoring and renovating, painting and sleeping and eating.....mmmmm eating...what shall I have for breakfast, when will I ever sleep past 5am......STOP!! I AGAIN digress....


Now, where was I? Ummm, yes, in the line at Woolies. 


Sandgate. Home of the Hawks, beautiful coffee, fabulous fish'n'chips, clean air, the training ground for many a Guide dog, Russell's Fabrics (one of my faves - this gem still has it's original signage circa 1950) and THE Friendliest group of shopkeepers on the planet. Oh, and I was born and bred in a little suburb called Bracken Ridge and schooled in a sometimes notoriously known school called "Deagon Grammar" - both just a stone's throw away from Sandgate.


So, a short answer to the question "Why Sandgate for The Click-Clack Lounge?"


"Sandgate, perfect one day, filled with fabulousness the next".


Catchya soon xx











2 comments:

  1. I heard about this very exciting a big congrats!!!!! xxxx Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the shop, can't wait to visit next time I am in Brisbane xx

    ReplyDelete